The Social-One research network and the Department of Political, Social and Communication Sciences of the University of Salerno, in partnership with 11 universities and research institutes in Italy and worldwide, promote the conference "Sociological Imagination and Social Promotion: the category of “agapic action” to interpret the changes and to imagine new futures”.
· The aim of the conference is to investigate all the perspectives of analysis and action which have been raised by the members of the agapic action in the context of human and social disciplines with the hypothesis that the concept may offer new interpretations and perspectives of interventions for the promotion of a pluralistic society based on equality, inclusiveness and particularly dialogue.
· Theconference is aimed at two categories of subjects: scholars, academics and researchers in social sciences; operators, educators, administrators and politicians who direct, plan and operate in the social context.
· The conference focuses on four areas, which will be analyzed both from the scientific and academic point of view within the panels (CALL FOR PAPERS), and from the point of view of action-intervention, through the collection of best practices, which will be exhibited within of the Social Expo (Dowload the CALL FOR SOCIAL EXPO). The areas are:
1) Protagonist communities, sharing cultures and grassroots movements
2) Cooperation and dialogue in the field of macro-social actions
3) Relationships, inclusion and well-being in social policies
4) Plurality, dialogue and identity processes
· To attend the conference it is possible to participate in:
a) CALL FOR PAPERS. Dedicated to scholars, academics and social science researchers, the call for papers aims to gather contributions from reflection and empirical research on the 4 topics identified by panels, Contributions can use the category of agapic action in order to combine the analytic perspective with research / intervention perspective.
Click here to download the pdf CALL FOR PAPERS ESP (152 KB)
b) Participate in the SOCIAL EXPO. Dedicated to institutions, groups, public and private organizations, or even individual operators, educators, administrators and politicians who direct, plan and operate in the social context, the SOCIAL EXPO aims to show through divulgative posters how much imagination and social promotion there is on spread in territories and communities, focused on the 4 specific areas.
In partnership with:
click on the image to access the site
From 11 to 14 December 2017 the summer school Agapic action and social reality: sociological imagination to promote development, to build future will take place at Igarassu – Pernambuco, Brazil.
Our scientific reflection has always been enriched by occasions of meeting and dialogue among researcher, scholars and social service professionals. The summer school, organized in partnership with the Department of Sociology of the Universidade Federal de Pernambuco and the Centro Universitário Tabosa de Almeida ASCES – UNITA, represents a special occasion of deep confrontation and scientific exchange.
Aim of the summer school is to fathom the perspectives of analysis and actions aroused by the category of agapic love in the framework of the social sciences and humanities, believing that the concept could provide new interpretations and perspectives of interventions for the promotion of a society based on equity, inclusiveness and dialogue.
Assunto: v. 6, n. 1 (2016): O amor e a dádiva nos tempos de contabilização
Potete scaricare i vostri contributi in PDF andando sul sito della rivista http://www.nucleodecid
The social dimension of love
di Vera Araújo, Silvia Cataldi, Gennaro Iorio (eds)
in dialogue with: Luc Boltanski, Michael Burawoy, Anna Maria Campanini, Axel Honneth, Paulo Henrique Martins
Questo volume collettaneo in lingua inglese analizza il dibattito sociologico relativo al tentativo di concettualizzare le nuove configurazioni emerse con la globalizzazione in un'ottica non capitalista, ma di pace e mutuo rispetto.
ISBN (Italia):978-88-7892-306-5/ ISBN (France): 978-2-336-31178-4
International Interdisciplinary Congress
On the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the conferral of an Honorary Doctorate in Social Sciences
on Chiara Lubich at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (Poland)
Agapic Behaviour and Social Sciences
Castelgandolfo, June 6-7 2008
Social Relationships and Fraternity:
Paradox or Sustainable Model?
A Social Sciences' Perspective